Glenn Johnson – Chief Executive Officer
- Glenn founded Endurance Wind Power in 2007 and is responsible for the company’s overall direction and growth. His passion for affordable clean energy for everyone drives his vision for Endurance to be a market leader in the distributed wind power industry.
- Prior to Endurance, Glenn founded Comsource Broadband Technologies Corp. a North American based communications distribution Company. In six short years Glenn built Comsource into the number one communications distributor in Canada for both sales and profit amassing close to $70,000,000 in sales and $6,200,000 in earnings.
- Glenn has always recognised opportunities and has also owned successful businesses in the real estate and development sector as well as the hospitality industry. In 2001, Glenn founded Glace Capital Corporation a merchant bank and private equity investment firm that specializes in the investment and restructuring of established companies with compelling opportunities for growth.
- Glenn was named as the winner of Ernst and Young’s “Entrepreneur of the Year” program, Pacific Region (2013), he has also been recognized as one of Business in Vancouver’s “Top 40 under 40″ (2012). Endurance has been named one of Profit Magazine’s “Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies” (2012).
Brad Bardua – Chief Financial Officer
- Brad joined Endurance as Chief Financial Officer in June 2014 and is responsible for all finance and accounting related functions of the company. He has over 20 years of senior level financial leadership of both public and private companies, including extensive experience raising equity and debt capital in both public and private sectors.
- Prior to joining Endurance, Brad was the CFO of Avigilon Corporation, a global publicly traded company that designs and manufactures high-definition surveillance systems, where he was a key member of the team that grew the company’s market cap from $125 million at its IPO to over $1 billion within 2 years. Prior to this he held positions in a variety of industries, including renewable energy, entertainment, property development and resources, including CFO of Gateway Casinos and CFO of Pacific Bioenergy Corporation.
- Brad is a Chartered Accountant and holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Simon Fraser University. He serves as a member of the National Board of Financial Executives Canada, and previously held a Chapter President role. Brad is a supporter of the Arts and currently serves on the Board of the Childrens’ Arts Umbrella Foundation, the charitable foundation of Arts Umbrella, a not-for-profit arts education centre for children and youth ages 2 to 19.
Jeff MacAulay – Chief Operating Officer
- Mr. MacAulay has global oversight of the day to day operating activities of the company.
- In 2012, Mr. MacAulay played a key role in creating and eventually leading the company’s Distributed Energy Solutions division.
- Since 2009, Mr. MacAulay has held various leadership roles with Endurance including Technical Director where he built a global engineering & technical service team and oversaw the successful development and launch of the market leading Endurance E-3120 product.
- Mr. MacAulay has a background in the hydrogen fuel cell and electricity metering industries. He has a degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Victoria and is a certified Project Management Professional.
Trevor Wiebe – General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, VP Corporate Development
- Mr. Wiebe is part of the executive team and is responsible for the management of Endurance’s legal affairs.
- Prior to Endurance, he practiced law with blue chip law firms in Winnipeg and Vancouver, and held General Counsel & Corporate Secretary roles in two technology companies listed on US and Canadian exchanges, and has particular expertise in the areas of corporate governance, commercial law and intellectual property, in addition to negotiating numerous commercial transactions.
- Trevor holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Manitoba, as well as a Master of Laws from the University of Ottawa, and has been called to the Bars of the Provinces of British Columbia and Manitoba. His language abilities include French and Japanese.
Ole Sangill – VP Technology
- Mr. Sangill is an accomplished executive and highly experienced engineering veteran in the wind turbine design and technology industry. Ole looks after the strategic and corporate focus of design and technology at Endurance Wind Power, in particular provides the company’s technological focus on the X Series.
- Co-Founder and executive for Norwin A/S – Ole’s primary responsibilities included design and development for the Norwin 750kW and 225kW including project management, technology transfer and adaptation to international markets including Germany, India, Brazil and the USA, and significant testing and certification for various EU bodies.
- Ole is based in Denmark and is a member of the Society of Danish Engineers (IDA), he holds an MASc in Mechanical Engineering from the Technical University of Denmark in addition to a BASc in Engineering from the Technical Collage of Copenhagen.
Brett Pingree – VP Commercial
- Mr. Pingree is a seasoned and accomplished Sales and Marketing Executive with over 15 years experience and a strong background in senior sales leadership, market creation, market development, strategy deployment and channel development, product commercialization and business planning.
- While at Northern Power Systems, Brett grew the commercial distributed wind business from a start up to $30 million in annual revenue in just 3 years.
- As a distributed wind energy industry expert, Brett is a long serving member of AWEA’s Small Wind Committee and currently serves as chair of AWEA’s Distributed Wind Committee. He is also a founding member and a Board of Director for DWEA.
- Brett holds an Executive Leadership Certificate from the Wallace E. Carroll Graduate School of Management at Boston College (2005) as well as a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science (1991) from the University of Vermont.
- Brett was named AWEA’s “Small Wind Advocate of the Year” in 2012.
Dave Rankin – VP Business Development
- Mr. Rankin has been with Endurance since inception and is responsible for business development.
- Dave has strong management and financial consulting experience in government, insurance, technology, hospitality, natural resource, real estate, manufacturing and communications sectors. Dave has added value to his clients businesses by adding leadership, innovation and best practices for all his clients – skills he continues to use internally with Endurance.
- Dave has an MBA from the Ivey Business School (University of Western Ontario) and acts as a Director for Endurance and two non-related public companies.
Ed Mufford – VP Engineering
- Ed joined the Endurance team as Vice President of Engineering in December 2014, bringing over 20 years of experience in Engineering Management, Strategic Management, and expertise in hybrids, and electrical vehicles to Endurance.
- Mr. Mufford was previously a Consulting Engineer and spent a decade as Vice President of Engineering at General Hydrogen Corp and Plug Power Canada.
- Ed holds both a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (1992) and a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (1990) from the University of British Columbia. He is also recognized as a Registered Professional Engineer in British Columbia.
Amir Alagheband – VP Operations
- Mr. Alagheband is currently focusing on continuous improvement and lean implementation within production, as well as developing strategic plans to increase efficiency and mitigate risk in a rapidly evolving and more complex supply chain network.
- He has a broad range of experience in manufacturing and distribution, dealing with domestic and overseas suppliers and creating strategic alliances.
- He brings the in depth ability to create highly optimized and efficient operations in small to mid-tier sized organizations, with focus on processes and procedures.
- Amir has worked at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory as well as world-renowned industrial design firm Ziba Design focusing on design projects with Fortune 500 companies such as FedEx, P&G, Microsoft, IBM, Intel and GE.
- Amir has an M.Sc. (honors) in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University, a B.Sc. (honors) in Engineering & Applied Science from Caltech, and a B.A. in Physics from Reed College
Anthony Rochelle-Whyte – Managing Director UK Operations
- As a Management Consultant, Anthony specialized in various projects including: introducing Quality Systems and Techniques within Vestas Wind Systems, relocation of automotive tier 1 suppliers from the UK to Eastern Europe and worked at General Motors as a Turnaround Agent to manage problematic suppliers.
- Anthony held various positions in the automotive industry for OEM and Tier 1 suppliers worldwide, including Operations Director, Quality and Purchase Director, Program Manager, Manufacturing Manager, New Model Introduction Manager and Principal Fuel Systems Engineer for such firms as BMW, Rover Group, Landrover, Landers Automotive and Mann and Hummel.
- Anthony has a Manufacturing Management and Technology Bachelor of Science Degree in Quality Systems, Quality Techniques, Implementation of New Technologies and Structure and Design of Manufacturing Systems attained at Birmingham University.
Kelli Forster – VP Human Resources
- Mrs. Forster has over 15 years building HR infrastructure and programs within high tech and manufacturing environments. She has worked as a senior manager in renewable energy companies for the last 5 years, most recently as the Director, Human Resources for the Solar division of Schneider Electric.
- Kelli has a B.A. Degree in Psychology from UBC and is a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP). She is a co-chair of Senior HR Practitioner Group of the HR Tech Group of BC.
Matthew Shaw – VP Project and Structured Finance
- Mr. Shaw is a financier with over 25 years experience in traditional and entrepreneurial banking. He has held senior positions for ANZ Banking Group, Moscow Narodny and UBS. In 1998 he co-founded DEPFA Investment Bank, a specialist EM investment bank formed as a JV with DEPFA Group. After exiting DEPFA in 2002 following a buyout, Matthew left mainstream banking to focus on his consultancy and propriety investment business (including running a JV carbon fund for Commerzbank/Gazprombank).
- He is currently an active angel investor in many start-ups/early stage companies with particular focus on renewable energy and FinTech. He recently helped raise a Series C round for Endurance where he also serves as VP of Finance with responsibility for project and structured finance.
Dr. David Laino – Co-Founder, Principal Engineer
- Dr. Laino was a co-founder of Windward Engineering 1999 and a lead designer on the original Endurance S-Series turbine. Previously, he worked at the US National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL), Golden, CO, where he developed wind turbine computer modeling capabilities to analyze innovative designs, and evaluate proposed safety standards. He also analyzed and compared test and simulation data in validation studies.
- David is an active member of the American Wind Energy Association and Co-Administrator of the US Technical Advisory Group to IEC Technical Committee for Wind Turbine Standards. He is also active on the Small Wind Coordinating Committee that is drafting rules for certification of small wind turbines in North America.
- David has a Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, 1997, from the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah and a M.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1994, from the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah. In 1991 David received his B.S. Aeronautical Engineering, from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.
Dean Davis – Co-Founder, Test Facility Manager
- Mr. Davis is a founding partner of Windward Engineering and started the Wind Energy consulting company in 1994 with Dr. Craig Hansen. For the last 13 years Dean has been testing and designing small and large wind turbines and has over thirteen years of experience in the field of wind energy with a strong emphasis in computer aided design and small wind turbine testing.
- Dean is well known for many of his published papers including his work on wind turbine aerodynamic subroutines. Dean and Windward Engineering have worked closely with the US National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL) and The US Department of Energy (DOE) for a number of years.
- Dean has an M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah and a B.S. Mechanical Engineering from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California.
Karim Jessa – Director of Technical Services
- Mr. Jessa is an accomplished leader with thirty years of experience in building, leading and integrating service organizations, managing complex projects and cRM systems, customer relations and leading global cross-cultural teams. His strong financial background allows him to be entrepreneurial, make sound economic decisions and manage service as business.
- Prior to joining Endurance, Karim spent 6 years with Eastman Kodak, 12 years with Creo Products Inc. and 12 years with Geac Computer Corporation in various progressive technical and leadership roles.
- Karim is a graduate of the Executive Program in Marketing and Sales Management from the University of British Columbia and has done undergrad in Electrical Engineering.
Per Lading – Director of Advanced Technology Development
- Mr. Lading is a highly experienced wind turbine designer and technical Engineer, he looks after technology development at Endurance currently.
- Per previously worked as a Research Engineer with the Test Station for Wind Turbines at Risoe National Laboratories and as an R&D manager at Danwin A/S. At Danwin A/S Per designed the basis for the 225kW model currently making up the X Series. Per then went on to become Director and Partner at WEA Technology A/S and Norwin A/S.
- Per is based in Denmark and is an Academy Engineer who holds a B.Sc. (Honours) M.E. from Technical University of Denmark, formerly known as the Engineering Academy of Denmark. He previously held a Chairman position with the Technical Committee of the Danish Wind Turbine Manufacturers Association, and has been a member of the Wind Research Committee for the Danish Ministry of Energy as well as Research Evaluator for the European Commission.
Charles Newcomb – Director of Technical Strategy
- Mr. Newcomb is an internationally recognized engineering expert in distributed wind energy systems. Charles’ experience in advancing renewable energy technologies was developed over more than a decade spent at the Department of Energy’s National Wind Technology Center. At NREL Charles managed the Department of Energy’s Wind for Schools Program and its Wind and Water Power Deployment group.
- Charles’ industry experience included serving as managing director for Entegrity Wind Systems, where he managed project development, fleet operations and project technical guidance and engineering support. As Chief Technology Officer at NexGen Energy Partners, Charles lead the technical team as its chief engineer and worked closely with suppliers and customers to ensure optimal performance of NexGen’s fleet of renewable energy systems.
- Charles also served as Vice President of the Small Wind Certification Council’s Board of Directors.
Allan Thompson – Director of Distributed Energy Solutions
- Mr. Thompson brings over 20 years of experience working in the energy and energy efficiency industry with a solid foundation in Finance and Accounting. He is responsible for financial analysis and modelling, team management and structuring and leads the management of the land lease side of the Endurance business, Distributed Energy Solutions.
- Allan has served as a Consultant at various firms including Smartcool Systems Inc., ATI Airtest Technologies. He has also served as VP of Finance at Maxwell Mercantile Inc. prior to working at Endurance.
Bill Bishop – Director of Marketing
- Mr. Bishop has over 20 years in marketing, branding and communications in leadership and executive roles with established corporate brands and high-growth, entrepreneurial start-ups.
- He developed customer marketing programs that helped a national fuel management company rapidly grow customer base, accelerate revenue and retention and take its branded model to new markets. The success of these programs won coveted business awards and contributed to significant equity investment.
- Prior to this he spent a decade in Southeast Asian markets with first tier advertising agencies as Creative Director and senior brand strategist, guiding product and consumer strategy across multiple markets for major global brands.