President and Chief Executive OfficerGlenn Johnson
- Glenn Johnson founded Endurance Wind Power in 2007. The company’s line of modern, induction-based wind turbines brings efficient, reliable, safe and quiet renewable energy to homeowners, businesses and institutions across Europe, North America and an expanding global market.
- As president and chief executive officer, Mr. Johnson is responsible for the company's strategic leadership and works with the board of directors and executive management team to establish and meet company sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Prior to Endurance, Mr. Johnson founded Glace Capital Corporation, a merchant bank and private equity investment firm that provided capital and expertise to fuel explosive growth in small, revenue generating businesses.
- Prior to Glace Capital Corporation, Mr. Johnson founded Comsource Broadband Technologies Corp, a North American based communications distribution Company. Under Mr. Johnson’s leadership, Comsource became the number one communications distributor in Canada amassing close to $70 million in annual sales and more than $6 million in earnings. Mr. Johnson successfully sold Comsource to TVC Communications, a division of WESCO Distribution Inc., (NYSE: WCC).
- Mr. Johnson has received recognition as a finalist in the Ernst and Young's "Entrepreneur of the Year" program in 1999 and was named one of Business in Vancouver's "Top 40 under 40" in 1997. Mr. Johnson also helped position Comsource to receive Profit Magazine's "Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies" award in 2001.
- A leader in the global wind space, Mr. Johnson sits on the board of directors for the Distributed Wind Energy Association (DWEA).
Chief Operating OfficerPeter Tyszewicz
- As chief operating officer, Peter Tyszewicz is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of Endurance Wind Power’s global engineering/ manufacturing, and corporate divisions.
- Mr.Tyszewicz has more than 20 years of multi-national experience in the technology, industrial, and alternative energy sectors working with both private and public companies working in Canada, US, Europe and Asia.
- Earlier in his career, Mr. Tyszewicz held automotive industry positions with Walbro Engine Management (formerly Walbro Automative) one of the world’s largest manufacturer of small engines and automotive fuel systems and Ingersoll Rand, a $14 billion global industrial company.
- Mr.Tyszewicz served as vice president of manufacturing, product development and operations for Questair Technologies, Inc., a developer and supplier of industrial gas purification systems for oil refining, biogas production, natural gas processing and hydrogen fuel cell power plants & vehicle refueling stations.
- In addition to other executive roles in the automotive and renewable sector, Mr. Tyszewicz was also a Management Consultant for Ernst & Young LLP where he specialized in improving manufacturing operations and product development for industrial and automotive companies. Mr. Tyszewicz has a Mechanical Engineering degree from Queen's University and an MBA from the University of Detroit-Mercy. He is fluent in English and French.
Chief Financial OfficerGreg Wright
- Mr. Wright is a seasoned executive bringing extensive international experience in corporate finance, including public offerings on exchanges in North America and Europe, as well as financial leadership and strategic management expertise for both private and public companies.
- As chief financial officer, Mr. Wright is responsible for Endurance’s global finance functions which includes overseeing the financing and the overall capital structure of the company, treasury activities, acquisitions, tax planning, accounting & reporting, and risk management.
- Mr. Wright holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Calgary and is a Chartered Accountant.
President, Distributed Energy Solutions / Endurance Wind PowerRuss McMeekin
- Mr. McMeekin leads the Distributed Energy Solutions (DES) division of Endurance Wind Power where he drives overall strategic vision worldwide and enables innovation balanced with execution. DES offers renewable electricity directly to businesses, municipalities, school and other government organizations for less than they spend on utility bills and/or to leverage the feed in tariffs that are in place to encourage the expansion of clean energy.
- A 20-year global seasoned executive of both private and public companies with extensive investor community experience, Mr. McMeekin has worked in most major economies in the world in addition to living in Asia where he led Honeywell's Hi-Spec Solutions & E Business Unit and its Advanced Software Division in Asia Pacific, building its satellite offices in India, Australia, Korea and a JV in China.
- Mr. McMeekin was chief executive officer of SCIenergy, an international energy management and building performance company specializing in helping customers lower their energy and operating expenses and reduce their environmental impact.
- Mr. McMeekin held a seat on Microsoft Windows Azure’s Customer Advisory Board in 2011. He graduated from Sault College of Applied Science and Technology in Ontario, in Engineering Process Technology, attended the HBS taught Honeywell Advanced program for Directors (APD) for senior executives and completed Stanford School of Law Director College Certification program. He is fluent in English and French.
General Counsel and Corporate SecretaryTrevor Wiebe
- Mr. Wiebe is part of the executive team and is responsible for the management of Endurance’s legal affairs.
- Prior to Endurance, he practiced law with blue chip law firms in Winnipeg and Vancouver, and held General Counsel & Corporate Secretary roles in two technology companies listed on US and Canadian exchanges, and has particular expertise in the areas of corporate governance, commercial law and intellectual property, in addition to negotiating numerous commercial transactions.
- Trevor holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Manitoba, as well as a Master of Laws from the University of Ottawa, and has been called to the Bars of the Provinces of British Columbia and Manitoba. His language abilities include French and Japanese.
Managing Director UKDave Rankin
- Dave has been with Endurance since inception and is responsible for corporate finance and business development.
- Dave has strong management and financial consulting experience in government, insurance, technology, hospitality, natural resource, real estate, manufacturing and communications sectors. Dave has added value to his clients businesses by adding leadership, innovation and best practices for all his clients - skills he continues to use internally with Endurance.
- Dave has an MBA from the University of Western Ontario and is currently a Director of two public companies.
Vice President of EngineeringDr. Daryl D. Musselman
- Dr. Musselman leads a specialized team of dedicated engineering professionals focused on designing, verifying, and manufacturing Endurance's world-leading safe, reliable, efficient, and cost-effective wind turbine systems.
- Dr. Musselman has spent the last decade as a Senior Executive in high tech start-up companies and renewable energy> Most recently, he head up the Technology Centre as Vice President Engineering and Technology Development for Xebec Adsorption Inc. developing renewable biogas separation technology.
- As a Mechanical Engineer with over 20 years of experience, Dr. Musselman is specialized in machine design and atmospheric fluid mechanics and has amassed an impressive list of accomplishments while designing for a major automotive OEM and for a Tier 1 automotive supplier in Ontario, as well as his own product development company in British Columbia. He has also been the Vice President of Engineering for QuestAir Technologies Inc., developing Rapid Cycle Pressure Swing Adsorption technology for hydrogen separations.
- Dr. Musselman holds a BASc. and a MASc in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Waterloo, and a Ph.D. in Engineering Science from the University of Western Ontario, Boundary Layer Wind Tunnel Laboratory.
Vice President, Distributed Energy SolutionsJeff MacAulay
- Mr. MacAulay has global oversight of engineering and operations within the Distributed Energy Solutions (DES) division.
- Since 2009, Mr. MacAulay has held various technical leadership roles with Endurance including Technical Director where he built a global engineering & technical service team and oversaw the successful development and launch of the Endurance E-3120 product.
- Mr. MacAulay has a background in embedded hardware design from the hydrogen fuel cell and electricity metering industries. He has a degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Victoria and is a certified Project Management Professional.
Sales Director of Latin America and CaribbeanDoug Hicks
- Doug is one of the founding members of Endurance Wind Power Inc. - since the company's inception Doug has focused much of his time on building out a proven network of Regional Distributors throughout North America that will support the growth of local channels and customers.
- Prior to Endurance, Doug formed his own Internet marketing services company, NetPerform Corporate Solutions, his business focused on building channels and networks to help small to medium sized businesses cost effectively grow their revenues and expand their markets nationally and internationally.
- In the mid 90's , Doug was one of the early Canadian Pioneers of the Internet. He managed one of 5 regions in Canada for Netscape Communications Inc where he was responsible for all direct and indirect channels from 1997-2000. Working with executives of Fortune 200 companies and Resellers throughout the region Doug helped usher in a new era of doing business for North American Companies.
- Before Netscape Communications Doug worked for global brands such as Canon, NCR, AT&T and Rogers Communications. During this time Doug received top sales awards in each of the years that he worked for these world leading organizations and attributes most of his success on his ability to effectively partner with Value Added Resellers and Third Party Channels.
Co-founder, Principal EngineerDean Davis
- Dean has always been passionate about wind power and in his early school years even built a Small Wind Turbine. Dean is a founding partner of Windward Engineering and started the Wind Energy consulting company in 1994 with Dr. Craig Hansen. For the last 13 years Dean has been testing and designing small and large wind turbines and has over thirteen years of experience in the field of wind energy with a strong emphasis in computer aided design and small wind turbine testing.
- At Endurance, Dean provides senior technical leadership throughout the life-cycle of our products. Working out of Endurance's test facility in Spanish Fork Utah, Dean has no less than four operational Endurance Wind Power turbines ranging from 5 to 50 kW.
- Dean is well known for many of his published papers including his work on wind turbine aerodynamic subroutines. Dean and Windward Engineering have worked closely with the US National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL) and The US Department of Energy (DOE) for a number of years.
- Dean has an M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah and a B.S. Mechanical Engineering from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California
Co-founder, Principal EngineerDr. David Laino
- David, a co-founder of Windward Engineering 1999 and his responsibilities include providing senior technical leadership throughout the life-cycle of our products. He has extensive expertise in the analysis of wind turbine mechanical systems making him an integral part of Endurance's product line growth.
- Earlier in David's career, he worked at the US National Renewable Energy Lab. (NREL), Golden, CO, in the summer of summer 1992, '93, '94 where he developed wind turbine computer modeling capabilities to analyze innovative designs, and evaluate proposed safety standards. He also analyzed and compared test and simulation data in validation studies.
- David is an active member of the American Wind Energy Association and Co-Administrator of the US Technical Advisory Group to IEC Technical Committee for Wind Turbine Standards. He is also active on the Small Wind Coordinating Committee that is drafting rules for certification of small wind turbines in North America.
- David has a Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, 1997, from the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah and a M.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1994, from the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah. In 1991 David received his B.S. Aeronautical Engineering, from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.
- David has also published a number of papers that are well known in the industry.