President and Chief Executive OfficerGlenn Johnson
- Glenn founded Endurance Wind Power in 2007 and is responsible for the company's overall direction and growth. His passion for affordable clean energy for everyone drives his vision for Endurance to be a market leader in the distributed wind power industry.
- Prior to Endurance, Glenn founded Comsource Broadband Technologies Corp. a North American based communications distribution Company. In six short years Glenn built Comsource into the number one communications distributor in Canada for both sales and profit amassing close to $70,000,000 in sales and $6,200,000 in earnings.
- Glenn has always recognized opportunities and has also owned successful businesses in the real estate and development sector as well as the hospitality industry. In 2001, Glenn founded Glace Capital Corporation a merchant bank and private equity investment firm that specializes in the investment and restructuring of established companies with compelling opportunities for growth.
- Glenn was named as the winner of Ernst and Young's "Entrepreneur of the Year" program, Pacific Region (2013), he has also been recognized as one of Business in Vancouver's "Top 40 under 40" (2012). Endurance has been named one of Profit Magazine's "Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies" (2012).
Chief Operating OfficerPeter Tyszewicz
- Peter provides the strategic leadership for Endurance Wind Power's daily operations, engineering and manufacturing departments.
- He has held CEO, COO and Vice-President positions developing & commercializing industrial products for growing & early stage alternative energy and technology companies.
- Peter has also held various positions in the automotive industry worldwide, including Managing Director, Business Manager, Program Manager and Sales Engineer for such firms as Ingersoll-Rand and Walbro Automotive. As a Management Consultant for Ernst & Young LLP, he specialized in improving manufacturing operations and product development for industrial and automotive companies.
- Peter has Mechanical Engineering degree from Queen's University and an MBA from the University of Detroit-Mercy.
General Counsel & Corporate SecretaryTrevor Wiebe
- Mr. Wiebe is part of the executive team and is responsible for the management of Endurance’s legal affairs.
- Prior to Endurance, he practiced law with blue chip law firms in Winnipeg and Vancouver, and held General Counsel & Corporate Secretary roles in two technology companies listed on US and Canadian exchanges, and has particular expertise in the areas of corporate governance, commercial law and intellectual property, in addition to negotiating numerous commercial transactions.
- Trevor holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Manitoba, as well as a Master of Laws from the University of Ottawa, and has been called to the Bars of the Provinces of British Columbia and Manitoba. His language abilities include French and Japanese.
Vice President of EngineeringDr. Daryl Musselman
- Daryl has spent the last decade as a Senior Executive in high tech start-up companies and renewable energy. Most recently, he headed up the Technology Centre as Vice President Engineering and Technology Development for Xebec Adsorption Inc. developing renewable biogas separation technology.
- As a Mechanical Engineer with over 20 years of experience, Daryl is specialized in machine design and atmospheric fluid mechanics and has amassed an impressive list of accomplishments while designing for a major automotive OEM and for a Tier 1 automotive supplier in Ontario, as well as his own product development company in British Columbia.
- Daryl holds a BASc. and a MASc in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Waterloo, and a Ph.D. in Engineering Science from the University of Western Ontario, Boundary Layer Wind Tunnel Laboratory.
Vice President of Distributed Energy SolutionsJeff MacAulay
- Mr. MacAulay has global oversight of engineering and operations within the Distributed Energy Solutions (DES) division.
- Since 2009, Mr. MacAulay has held various technical leadership roles with Endurance including Technical Director where he built a global engineering & technical service team and oversaw the successful development and launch of the Endurance E-3120 product.
- Mr. MacAulay has a background in embedded hardware design from the hydrogen fuel cell and electricity metering industries. He has a degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Victoria and is a certified Project Management Professional.
Vice President of SalesBrett Pingree
- Brett is a seasoned and accomplished Sales and Marketing Executive with over 15 years experience and a strong background in senior sales leadership, market creation, market development, strategy deployment and channel development, product commercialization and business planning.
- While at Northern Power Systems, Brett grew the commercial distributed wind business from a start up to $30 million in annual revenue in just 3 years.
- As a distributed wind energy industry expert, Brett is a long serving member of AWEA’s Small Wind Committee and currently serves as chair of AWEA’s Distributed Wind Committee. He is also a founding member and a Board of Director for DWEA.
- Brett holds an Executive Leadership Certificate from the Wallace E. Carroll Graduate School of Management at Boston College (2005) as well as a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science (1991) from the University of Vermont.
- Brett was named AWEA’s “Small Wind Advocate of the Year” in 2012.
Vice President of OperationsAmir Alagheband
- Amir is currently focusing on continuous improvement and lean implementation within production, as well as developing strategic plans to increase efficiency and mitigate risk in a rapidly evolving and more complex supply chain network.
- He has a broad range of experience in manufacturing and distribution, dealing with domestic and overseas suppliers and creating strategic alliances.
- He brings the in depth ability to create highly optimized and efficient operations in small to mid-tier sized organizations, with focus on processes and procedures.
- Amir has worked at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory as well as world-renowned industrial design firm Ziba Design focusing on design projects with Fortune 500 companies such as FedEx, P&G, Microsoft, IBM, Intel and GE.
- Amir has an M.Sc. (honors) in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University, a B.Sc. (honors) in Engineering & Applied Science from Caltech, and a B.A. in Physics from Reed College
Director of Technical ServicesKarim Jessa
- Karim is an accomplished leader with thirty years of experience in building, leading and integrating service organizations, managing complex projects and cRM systems, customer relations and leading global cross-cultural teams. His strong financial background allows him to be entrepreneurial, make sound economic decisions and manage service as business.
- Prior to joining Endurance, Karim spent 6 years with Eastman Kodak, 12 years with Creo Products Inc. and 12 years with Geac Computer Corporation in various progressive technical and leadership roles.
- Karim is a graduate of the Executive Program in Marketing and Sales Management from the University of British Columbia and has done undergrad in Electrical Engineering.
Director of TechnologyCharles Newcomb
- Charles is an internationally recognized engineering expert in distributed wind energy systems. Charles’ experience in advancing renewable energy technologies was developed over more than a decade spent at the Department of Energy’s National Wind Technology Center. At NREL Charles managed the Department of Energy’s Wind for Schools Program and its Wind and Water Power Deployment group.
- Charles’ industry experience included serving as managing director for Entegrity Wind Systems, where he managed project development, fleet operations and project technical guidance and engineering support. As Chief Technology Officer at NexGen Energy Partners, Charles lead the technical team as its chief engineer and worked closely with suppliers and customers to ensure optimal performance of NexGen’s fleet of renewable energy systems.
- Charles also served as Vice President of the Small Wind Certification Council’s Board of Directors.
Director of Corporate MarketingBill Bishop
- Bill has over 20 years in marketing, branding and communications in leadership and executive roles with established corporate brands and high-growth, entrepreneurial start-ups.
- He developed customer marketing programs that helped a national fuel management company rapidly grow customer base, accelerate revenue and retention and take its branded model to new markets. The success of these programs won coveted business awards and contributed to significant equity investment.
- Prior to this he spent a decade in Southeast Asian markets with first tier advertising agencies as Creative Director and senior brand strategist, guiding product and consumer strategy across multiple markets for major global brands.
Director of Human ResourcesKelli Forster
- Kelli has over 15 years building HR infrastructure and programs within high tech and manufacturing environments. She has worked as a senior manager in renewable energy companies for the last 5 years, most recently as the Director, Human Resources for the Solar division of Schneider Electric.
- Kelli has a B.A. Degree in Psychology from UBC and is a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP). She is a co-chair of Senior HR Practitioner Group of the HR Tech Group of BC.
UK Managing DirectorDave Rankin
- Dave has been with Endurance since inception and is responsible for corporate finance and business development.
- Dave has strong management and financial consulting experience in government, insurance, technology, hospitality, natural resource, real estate, manufacturing and communications sectors. Dave has added value to his clients businesses by adding leadership, innovation and best practices for all his clients - skills he continues to use internally with Endurance.
- Dave has an MBA from the University of Western Ontario and is currently a Director of two public companies.
Co-founder, Principal EngineerDr. David Laino
- David was a co-founder of Windward Engineering 1999 and a lead designer on the original Endurance S-Series turbine. Previously, he worked at the US National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL), Golden, CO, where he developed wind turbine computer modeling capabilities to analyze innovative designs, and evaluate proposed safety standards. He also analyzed and compared test and simulation data in validation studies.
- David is an active member of the American Wind Energy Association and Co-Administrator of the US Technical Advisory Group to IEC Technical Committee for Wind Turbine Standards. He is also active on the Small Wind Coordinating Committee that is drafting rules for certification of small wind turbines in North America.
- David has a Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, 1997, from the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah and a M.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1994, from the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah. In 1991 David received his B.S. Aeronautical Engineering, from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.
Co-founder, Group Lead of Turbine TestingDean Davis
- Dean is a founding partner of Windward Engineering and started the Wind Energy consulting company in 1994 with Dr. Craig Hansen. For the last 13 years Dean has been testing and designing small and large wind turbines and has over thirteen years of experience in the field of wind energy with a strong emphasis in computer aided design and small wind turbine testing.
- Dean is well known for many of his published papers including his work on wind turbine aerodynamic subroutines. Dean and Windward Engineering have worked closely with the US National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL) and The US Department of Energy (DOE) for a number of years.
- Dean has an M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah and a B.S. Mechanical Engineering from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California.